Akko 3084S Shine-through Black
S means Shine. The full name of AKKO 3084S keyboard is 3084 shine-through, which means this keyboard’s keycaps allow light to transmit, brightening the whole keyboard. This design will enhance the sense of thrill and joy when you work or play games, especially at night.
About this item
- ASA Profile Shine-through PBT Double Shot Keycaps;
- 75% Layout Compact;Hot-swappable with RGB Backlit;
- USB-Type C Wired Mode;Plate Foam and Case Foam;
- Comes with Akko CS Jelly Switches.
Details of the outlay
- The keyboard covers only 75% layout of a full-size keyboard with only 84 keys, retaining the F area, simplifying the nine function keys, shortening the Shift key and Ctrl key, and laying out the arrow keys into it.
- There is no sign on keycaps to remind its functions, but FN key still works with other keys to realize different functions.
- The keyboard has an OEM(Original Equipment Manufacturer) layout with a built-in key design, but the bezel is shallow, so the keys are seemly hovering looking from the side. There is a small bump on the bottom of the keyboard that gives it a natural slope when placed on a desktop.
- Non-slip design with a long strip of food pad on each corner
Switch and Keycap
- There are two optional switches to satisfy your preference, Akko CS Jelly Pink Switch, and Akko CS Jelly Purple Switch. The former one is linear. If you do not like the conflict feeling when punching the keyboard, feel free to choose this one. But if you like the sound of clicking and a better hand feeling when you type on the keyboard, you have to choose the purple switch
- The keycaps are translucent, and the colorful light effects are very eye-catching. Users who prefer lighting can choose this keyboard
- The keycaps are made of 85% PBT, with moderate keycap thickness and inconspicuous burrs. The keyboard also uses a five-sided thermal sublimation technique, workmanship is close to perfect. If you feel tired of using the same keyboard for a long time, you can also replace the keycaps yourself as you wish
- AKKO 3084S Shine-through Black supports simultaneous connection of three Bluetooth devices. The keyboard has a built-in 1800 mAh lithium battery, which has a 120-hour battery life and standby for 260 days if not used. Under the regular frequency of 4 hours a day, it can be continually used for about a month without charging
- When the keyboard is connected to a Bluetooth device, you can see the different keyboard names, which helps users to identify their keyboards.
- When traveling, you can connect your phone or iPad to edit your text or write articles
The ASA profile mixes the height of the OEM profile and maintains the spherical shape of keycaps. It’s a customized profile provided by the AKKO.
- The akko 3068S is a 65% format keyboard. This format is the smallest sketch that still has arrow keys. Otherwise, a numpad is lacking here, as well as the F-row (F1-F12).
- Depending on different preference, a small keyboard like the 3068B Plus in 65% format is both an improve compared to a full-sized keyboard – according to the motto less is more.
- Owning a small keyboard, you don’t use many of the keys of a full-size keyboard at all or use them not so often that it’s not worth installing these keys extra. The gain in free space on the desk is greater useful than the loss of some keys.
- Moreover, it doesn’t imply that the function of these keys can’t be realized on a smaller keyboard. With the assist of the FN key, most of the functions can be restored by means of key combinations. For example, the key FN+1=F1.
The Benefits of Hot-swappability
- The 3068B Plus is equipped with hot-swappable socket. This means that the key switches, the actual mechanical components of the keyboard, can be replaced without soldering.
- The Akko 3068B Plus is compatible with all 5-pin key switches. So if you want to change switches in the future, for example from tactile linear to tactile switches, you don’t have to buy a new keyboard, and all you have to do is order the new key switches and you can easily swap them out. Even if you are computer illiterate and only want to change the typing feel for a day, just go for it because the conversion is so quick and easy.
- One key is malfunctional